Chiu Family Foundation Scholarship
We are happy to announced that we have partnered with the Chiu Family Foundation to assist them in awarding scholarships to 4 deserving El Paso students. The 4 scholarships will range from $5,000 up to $15,000! Please read below for further information and apply today, the deadline to apply is July 30, 2021!
1. Be a resident of El Paso County, Texas or have established residency in El Paso County, Texas within the prior five year;
2. Be a senior at or graduate of any high school in El Paso County, Texas.
3. Be enrolled in University as an undergraduate student in their first, second, or third year of study or will be enrolled in University as an undergraduate student in their first, second or third year of study during the year of the scholarship award;
4. Have maintained a grade point average of at least 3.2 at your University and/or have maintained a grade point average of at least 3.5 (90) at their high school;
5. Submit a 150-word essay explaining why you need financial assistance to attend University.
6. Have completed at least 20 hours of community service during high school;
7. Complete an application and include a one-page essay explaining the impact of being from El Paso on your life and how it influenced your choice to attend University.
How to Apply
This scholarship is available only to students who will be attending or are currently attending one of the following institutions of higher education:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
University of Chicago
University of Pennsylvania
California Institute of Technology
Johns Hopkins University
Washington University in St. Louis
University of Notre Dame
University of California - Los Angeles
University of California - Berkeley
University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
University of Southern California
Carnegie Mellon University
Claremont McKenna College